Details you need to know about our accounts and services
The standard share insurance amount is $250,000 per share owner, per insured credit union, for each account ownership category. The $250,000 standard share insurance account became permanent through the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010.
Substitute Checks To make check processing faster, federal law permits banks to replace original checks with “substitute checks.” These checks are similar in size to original checks with a slightly reduced image of the front and back of the original check. The front of a substitute check states: “This is a legal copy of your check. You can use it the same way you would use the original check.” You may use a substitute check as proof of payment just like the original check. Some or all of the checks that you receive back from us may be substitute checks. This notice describes rights you have when you receive substitute checks from us. The rights in this notice do not apply to original checks or to electronic debits to your account. However, you have rights under other law with respect to those transactions. Rights Regarding Substitute Checks In certain cases, federal law provides a special procedure that allows you to request a refund for losses you suffer if a substitute check is posted to your account (for example, if you think that we withdrew the wrong amount from your account or that we withdrew money from your account more than once for the same check).
The losses you may attempt to recover under this procedure may include the amount that was withdrawn from your account and fees that were charged as a result of the withdrawal (for example, bounced check fees). The amount of your refund under this procedure is limited to the amount of your loss or the amount of the substitute check, whichever is less. You also are entitled to interest on the amount of your refund if your account is an interest-bearing account. If your loss exceeds the amount of the substitute check, you may be able to recover additional amounts under other law. If you use this procedure, you may receive up to (amount, not lower than $2,500) of your refund (plus interest if your account earns interest) within (number of days, not more than 10) business days after we received your claim and the remainder of your refund (plus interest if your account earns interest) not later than (number of days, not more than 45) calendar days after we received your claim. We may reverse the refund (including any interest on the refund) if we later are able to demonstrate that the substitute check was correctly posted to your account. 3. Claims If you believe that you have suffered a loss relating to a substitute check that you received and that was posted to your account, please contact us at (contact information, for example phone number, mailing address, e-mail address). You must contact us within (number of days, not less than 40) calendar days of the date that we mailed (or otherwise delivered by a means to which you agreed) the substitute check in question or the account statement showing that the substitute check was posted to your account, whichever is later. We will extend this time period if you were not able to make a timely claim because of extraordinary circumstances. Your claim must include:
- A description of why you have suffered a loss (for example, you think that amount withdrawn was incorrect)
- An estimate of the amount of your loss
- An explanation of why the substitute check you received is insufficient to confirm that you suffered a loss; and
- A copy of the substitute check [and/or] the following information to help us identify the substitute check: (identifying information, for example the check number, the name of the person to whom you wrote the check, the amount of the check).
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY DISCLOSURE
This disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Oklahoma Employees Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds in transaction accounts. The Credit Union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which accounts are affected by this policy.
1. General Policy — Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the next business day after we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 4:30 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 4:30 p.m. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
2. Reservation of Right to Hold — In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the next business day after we receive your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the next business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
3. Holds on Other Funds — If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately, but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
4. Longer Delays May Apply — We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000.00 on any one day.
You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
5. Special Rules for New Accounts — If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000.00 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000.00 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000.00 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
6. Deposits at Nonproprietary ATMs or Share Service Centers — Funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate or any share service center will not be available until the fifth business day after the date of your deposit. This rule does not apply at ATMs that we own or operate. All ATMs that we own or operate are identified as our machines.
7. Foreign Checks — Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which it is drawn.
Overdraft Limits: Fresh Start and Student Checking: NA, Snap Checking: $300, Privilege Checking: $500 and Perk Checking: $750. Note: fees count against the overdraft limit. Cost: $27.50 per occurrence. There may be multiple occurrences on the same day. Requirements: Account must be open 60 days. Balance must be made positive within 30 days or account may be closed. Courtesy Pay will be suspended if account is negative 30 days or if loan is 20 days past due. Courtesy Pay may be reactivated once account has been positive for 30 days. Eligible Transactions: Eligible transaction types include Checks, ACH Debits, and ePay Transactions (no enrollment necessary). ATM Withdrawals and Debit Card Purchases may be included by submitting the Overdraft Opt-In Form. OECU may decline overdraft payment at any time without prior notice. Alternatives: This service is intended for limited use. Automatic transfer of funds from primary savings account for $1 per occurrence (no enrollment necessary) will precede Courtesy Pay. A Line of Credit may also be available for 15.50% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) or 9.99% APR with direct deposit into an OECU checking account (loan application required).
Online Bill Pay
Must pay one or more bill per month. $4.95 per month if no activity.
Adjustable Rate Line of Credit
Actual rate to be determined by credit score and the amount of credit extended in relation to the property's value (Loan-to-Value or LTV).
Requires average balance of over $500 or a $10 monthly fee will apply.Transactions are defined as a deposit or withdrawal, checks cleared, checks deposited, ATM deposit or withdrawal or debit card transaction. (ACH debit or credit and Internal transfers are not included in transactions). Overdraft Protection available through your business savings account.
Annual Percentage Rate is variable. 1.00% foreign transaction fee.